Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bead Journal Project - January 2010

True to my promise, I'm back! I had an idea for my first couple of beaded knobs.

The first knob is a modified "Terracita" style medallion from my friend, Marcia's book. It was modified to fit the knob, which is wood and was painted with pink nailpolish (why buy paint, when I have nailpolish?).

The next knob is just a simple swirl of colours with beads that are leftover from a kit that I have. I love the texture that the swirl evokes.

Back when I have something else going on!!

4 comments:

Robin said...

You are SUCH A BEADER, Liz!!! I just looked back over some of your previous posts and am so impressed. I love the knobs and the idea of the knobs too. Sorry you've got the crud. Hope you're feeling 100% soon.

Robin A.

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon! Love how the knobs are turning out, so pretty! I'm picturing the whole thing done with all the knobs attached and how delightful that will be to walk in to get things out of the drawers :)

Magpie Sue said...

That swirl is so elegant and looks so easy! Was it, or is it one of those things that is tricky to achieve? I may have to try that on a future BJP piece of my own.

Meanwhile, I love the hand with the partially beaded finders! I'd be tempted to leave it just as it is. Spookier that way!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE these! Makes me want to learn how to bead or to beg you to sell me some beaded knobs. (One or the other) ;-)
Betsy